Whether you’re a contractor looking for quality insulation products, or a homeowner looking to finish a basement or other facility yourself, you need the best insulation products for your time and money. Products for Louisville insulation such as spray foam can be very beneficial to your project and insulation needs.
What Is Spray Foam?
Spray foam is a material that can be applied to any surface (wood, concrete, brick, etc). Once it is applied, it instantly bonds to the surface filling in all cracks, holes, and other openings. Once it adheres to any given surface, the bond is permanent, providing you quality, long lasting insulation for your project.
When Is Spray Foam Applied?
Spray foam is best applied after the duct work for heating and air conditioning has been completed, all electrical wiring has been installed, and the plumbing has been taken care of, but before the walls are finished. This is the optimal time to add spray foam, or any type of chosen insulation material.
Is Spray Foam Right for Me?
When you are deciding a material for your project, several factors need to go into consideration.
- The normal temperature range for your project. The type of material that is most beneficial to your project will depend on the basic temperature range for the area where you will be completing your project. Extremes in heat or cold can require specific considerations when choosing your material.
- Location for the insulation. You also need to consider where the insulation material will be installed. Outdoor insulation has different needs and requirements than indoor insulation.
- Temperature fluctuation. If the temperature stays within a smaller range, your insulation options can be quite sparse. However, if you have extremes in hot and cold temperatures, which can vary through the seasons, you will want the highest quality insulation materials to keep indoor temperatures regulated.
Why Should I Choose Spray Foam?
Spray foam is among the highest quality insulation materials. It can often preform much better than fiberglass or other insulation products.
- Spray foam is better for keeping your air conditioned/heated air inside your home. This will result in more reliable temperatures, and lower energy costs to you.
- Spray foam is continually refined and improved to guarantee you the best and most quality insulation product on the market.
- Spray foam can expand up to 100 times its own size, filling in every crevice and crack for more complete insulation and air sealing. Other materials are nearly impossible to fill in your spaces completely, resulting in a lot more air leakage.
- Spray foam can allow water to pass right through it, should you have a flood or a leak, instead of soaking up the liquid. This will help to prevent any further damage to your home should you have a water leakage problem.
- Spray foam stays in place permanently and won’t settle/sag over time giving you better insulation for years to come.